- Pilate is desperately trying to get Jesus off his hands.
- Metaphorically, he walks Jesus out to the crowd, and sits in the judges seat, as if there is an actual trial taking place.
- Pilate names Jesus “King.”
- The people, knowing that they have food to cook, houses to clean (ensuring every last speck of yeast is out of the house) and prep for Passover, are growing tired.
- They shout Pilate down, and condemn Jesus.
- The chief priests say more than they know when they proclaim, “We have no king but Caesar.”
- Pilate sends Jesus off to be crucified.