Meals from yesterday:
- Potosinos (which you can only get here) made by Martha’s sister
- Quesedillas con salsa, homemade donuts
At Pavon VBS we had 237. Got about half of my sermon done. One of Brigido’s daughters, Andrea, is making a graphic novel about our exploits here in SLP. I saw part of it last night, and it is amazing. Took a group down to the market last night, while the rest of our group went to Rancho Nuevo and La Mision. For thoughts on that experience and video from the day, hop over to our trip blog, here.
Questions and Thoughts:
- Why is it that we consider anything less than a 15% tip wrong, yet we are quite content to give God “what our heart tells us to”?
Last night, Rob and I sat up for a bit talking about how to “bring all this home.”
- How do we communicate what we’ve seen here? The love of Christ? The commitment to service?
- When we ask the question, “Why isn’t Eastview growing?”, what do we mean by that?
- Are we inviting people? Why would we? Why should we?
- By inviting people to Eastview, are we simply “letting” Bill do the work of proclaiming the gospel?
- Are we so un-knowledgeable about our faith that we need to leave it to the “professionals”?
“We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, thought by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again”-Hebrews 5:11-12